The AARP Is Stalking Me...
I was informed NaBloPoMo's "topic for Friday, Nov. 5 is: 35 things I want to do before I am 35" and I should feel free to "adjust as needed to fit your age"... ummm... I'm old - and I'll be adding another year to the catacombs in both mind and body in a couple days, LOL! For me to to have "x" number of things to do before I'm "x" means I'd have to accomplish something every hour between now and this year's actual birthday. I think I get the pass this year (since I'm so close to the yearly milestone (or is that millstone?)!!
My biggest accomplishments for the foreseeable future involve renewing my drivers license (with one the black helicopters can use to track me), getting a new phone (leaning toward a Droid X - any thoughts or opinions?), buying a car that will last longer than the quickly declining "Blue Whale" (that 98 Venture ain't what she used to be), and getting a new mattress to replace the version of the lumpy beast I firmly believe sent my back into chiropractor's heaven a couple weeks ago.
Then again, there are the leaves to rake up... MAN, are there leaves to rake up!!
Instead, I recommend reading through a friend's blog (http://susans-abundantlife.blogspot.com) where she spent this past year doing her "40 before 40" adventure that is an amazing journey of pain, growth, sadness, joy, and some pretty incredible insight. Feel free to enjoy her journey as mine only involves depleting my meager bank account... but at least it may allow me to rest my aching back on a good mattress after raking up all those leaves!
Comments