Merry Christmas Everyone!!


Wow, we went from freezing winds two days ago (when I shot the video at the end of this post), to pouring rains and 53 degree temps last night, to blowing and drifting snow in the 20's today. Welcome to Rochester, NY!

I just wanted to drop in and wish everyone an amazing holiday season and especially a wonderful Christmas. This season gets torn apart from every side every year and it's such a sad situation when it does. For me, I really have nothing if I don't have Jesus in my life and I am so thankful for this time of year when I can celebrate all the friends (hopefully some of you reading this) and family (not sure if they ever get to this blog) God's given me and just the opportunity I have every day to let others know about this journey, this adventure, that God is taking me through.

Not always happy, not always pleasant, but God is always present as I work toward what He wants me to be. He's the only one I've found worth trusting and hanging on to because He has always be there.

Hope you enjoy the attached video. I shot it near the house where I grew up but have no clue how to edit videos for the web. It's funny though, the creator of the display is usually out on tour (just came off tour with Blue Man Group and has to go back out on January 2nd). This is his parent's house (whom my sister and brother-in-law both know). Turns out the creator does a lot of lighting work every holiday season and this is the first year he has done his parent's house with added music.

We talked while I was taking the video (in the frigid winds). "I went to Radio Shack, bought a $50 radio transmitter kit and built it. Then I sat in my mom's car with a space heater while trying to program the whole thing!" Of course, the only way I could get the video was by parking facing away from the house in the neighbor's driveway, opening the back door of the van, cranking the broadcast and standing there with my little Canon attached to a monopod while I froze. I HAVE to ask Joe (from work, who ALSO knows him) what his website is again as I forgot it by the time I got into the car to warm up!

I liked the lady that walks by, too. She stopped to ask where 464 Heritage was as there was a surprise birthday party there that night. Guess which house? Yup! That's her waving (in amazing sync with the song lyrics) from the porch near the end of the video.

Hope you enjoy the video but more, I hope you think about what Christmas really means and look into the reality of who Jesus is and what He is willing to do in your life if you let Him. I intend to write a better email to everyone soon!

Peace to all and Love to each!


Comments

Anonymous said…
That video was awesome! I have never known anyone who actually has seen one of these types of things live! How cool is that. See you in a couple days!
Odette

Popular posts from this blog

Column A or Column B?