HBTM

So the Dems are "in power", the Republicans are all nicey, nice now (at least they aren't all whiny - yet) and Nancy Pelosi is two heartbeats away from being the POTUS. If THAT doesn't give you pause, well...

I think I've been dealing with depression lately. I want to call people, but don't. I want to work out (sorta), but don't. Maybe I'm overwhelmed at work or am just having a lot of trouble getting used to the whole new setting, new (old) city, new (old) surroundings thing. Maybe it's because I can't find a "Reunion" (or decent Acts29 church) to plug into out here. Maybe it's just because my Vikings are so bad they can't even score an offensive touchdown. I just haven't felt right for a while.

Too many of my Midwest friends are dealing with too much crap in their lives (Ann & Kevin and Jewel & Matt, I'm so psyched for you guys!!) and families, and ministry, and careers, and you get the idea.
And I can't do anything to help. That's what probably burns my toast the worst. I can't do jack $@#% to help. I'm almost 600 miles away from the people I've spent over 18 years with so my roots are grown in kind of deep out there. I couldn't even afford to get down to NYC when a few of them were down there in October and that bummed me out for a week or two.

In fact, for the first time in over 15 years, I spent my birthday with my parents, just hanging out. For over the last ten years, I've been with my Midwest friends for my birthday and each of theirs; going out to eat, catching a movie, hanging out, etc. This week? Not even a word from most of those I was closest too. Out of sight, out of mind? Who knows...

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being with my family out here and am so thankful I have been able to move back and help out where I can. My family and friends out here are amazing and have helped me through this transition in ways they will never know (except JC - he's had to put up with everything because he actually agreed to let me live with him for a while). And I was psyched to get the calls, ecards, sparkly red fish card, and my other card in the mail that I did get (you know who you are)!

I guess I just want to be motivated more (I need to call so many people) and get off my big ole butt and stop turning into a whiny politician.

Happy Birthday to me indeed...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Column A or Column B?